Aufruf zu Einreichung von Symposiumsvorschlägen
The organizing committee encourages all members of the GfÖ and all scientists interested in ecological research to organize and chair sessions for presentations or workshops.
Proposals for sessions will be accepted until 15. Februar 2018
Everybody is cordially invited to submit session topics relevant to ecologists.
The scientific committee has already suggested a couple of topics for sessions (in brackets see potential organizers/chairs):
- Origin and development of steppe habitats (Karl-Georg Bernhardt, BOKU Wien)
- Grassland ecology, conservation and restoration (Christian Bräuchler, Johannes Kollmann, TU München)
- Freshwater ecology (Wolfram Graf, BOKU Wien)
- Alpine ecosystems in the context of global change (Karl Hülber, Univ. Wien)
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services in agroecosystems (Silvia Winter, BOKU Wien)
- Ecological consequences of landscape change (Marcela Suarez-Rubio, BOKU Wien)
- Bee ecology (Bärbel Pachinger, BOKU Wien)
- Ecological impacts of pesticides on non-target organisms (Johann Zaller, BOKU Wien)
- Mechanisms of biological invasions (NN)
- Host vector parasite interactions and global change (Swen Renner, BOKU Wien; Alfonso Marzal Reynolds, Univ. Extremadura, Spain)
- Genetics of restoration or conservation (Harald Meimberg, BOKU Wien)
- Citizen Science (Florian Heigl, Daniel Dörler, BOKU Wien)
Colleagues being interested in one of the aforementioned topics are welcome to collaborate as organizer or chair.
For all sessions, researchers and students will be welcome to submit oral and/or poster presentations. Session themes and chairs will be selected by the scientific committee after 15. Februar 2018.
How to submit a session proposal:
Proposals should include the following information:
- A session title
- A short title (max 5 words or 50 characters)
- The goal of the session (half A4 page)
- Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of chairs (up to three chairs per session)
- List of potential speakers
(Please note: all potential speakers will have to register and pay registration fee)
Please use the online form to submit your proposal.