Instructions for Oral Presentations
- For each oral presentation, there will be a 15 min time slot (12 min for the presentation + 3 min for discussion). In order to allow the audience to switch rooms between sessions, the chairs of each session will be asked to keep a strict time management. Please make sure your presentation stays within the given time frame!
- Keynote talks comprise 45 min (+ max 10 min of discussion).
- The conference room is equipped with a beamer and a Windows computer to allow PowerPoint Presentations. (It will not be possible to use your own computer). We provide Windows 10 with Office Version 2016. A good alternative is to use pdf-format for your presentation.
- There will be no Macintosh computer. Please make sure that your presentation can run on a Windows computer.
Please hand over your presentation on a USB memory stick to the staff at our IT Office upon arrival. It will be possible to check the presentation on correct functioning and display of all slides at the IT Office. To minimize potential incompatibilities between software versions, we recommend limited use of animation, use of common Windows fonts for text and symbol fonts for equations.
At the start of the conference on Monday, the registration will be open from 09:30 AM onwards. In case your talk is scheduled for the first sessions on Monday afternoon, please take extra care to arrive in time. All the other presentations need to be handed over to the conference IT staff no later than the afternoon preceding the day the presentation is scheduled!
We ask that you arrive in your session room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your session time. This will allow time for you to meet and liaise with your chair person and to become familiar with the equipment in your session room.
Instructions for Posters
- • Poster sessions are an important part of this conference. We have saved an attractive time window for the poster session.
- Erecting and dismantling
Please put up your poster at registration time Monday 09:30 to 18:00. Posters should be on display from 18:00 on Monday 10 September 2018 until the end of the Conference on Thursday 13 September 2018, posters should be removed on Thursday by 17:00 as remaining ones will be disposed.
- Attending your poster
There will be a total of four scheduled poster sessions during the conference (one on each day). Authors are kindly requested to ensure that they attend their poster on the day that their relevant session takes place, e.g. if a poster was submitted to session 5 (which takes place on Monday) the poster should be presented during the poster session on Monday. Authors are of course very welcome to also attend their poster during any of the other poster sessions. Please consult the conference programme for the timings of the poster sessions: https://www.gfoe-conference.de/index.php?cat=program
- Locating your poster board
Posters will be allocated to the Session submitted and will have an individual ID Number. The Boards will have headings according to the Sessions and will be numbered and labelled with your ID.
- Mounting your poster on the poster board
Posters will have to be stuck to the hard top boards. Power strips or pins will be supplied by the organisers.
- Size of your poster
Each poster presentation will be allocated one display board. The dimensions of the poster should be in A0 portrait format (120 cm high and 85 cm wide).
General advice on how to structure a poster: